Sunday, January 1, 2012

*inserts Sound of Music Soundtrack* "I AM SIXTEEN GOING ON SEVENTEEN, BABY I'M ON THE BRINK!"

OMG. I AM 17!!!!!!!
*pinches herself*
What can I say, turning 17 is a BIG DEAL.
You know why?
Because it's literally the LAST YEAR of me being a minor, and next year I'll be entering the mysterious, scary, weird, ADULT world.
^ I need one of these for New York, because New York is a totally different madhouse on its own!
As a Senior in high school, I can't express how proud I am of myself for surviving through the rigorous months of applying to colleges! All those essays, supplements, mailing out items; etc. are DONE, and now there's nothing left to do but wait. Any Senior can agree that when you're done, its almost like you can't believe it, and you keep checking your Common App for those little Green Triangles- this my friends means that I'm done with the application as it beams at my face while I check over my crossed out to-do lists making sure everything is in!
This triangle reminds of those therapist tests where they ask you "what do you see in this photo?"

Well...to me it represents
-accomplishment
-completion
-success
-destiny
-hard work
-the future <3
CLASS OF 2012 BABY!

"I am 17 going on 18, and I'll take care of you!"
"I AM 16 GOING ON 17, BABY I'M ON THE BRINK!"



Oh & we simply can't forget that I am officially allowed to read Seventeen Magazine NOW, although I've been reading it since I was 12, and have been highly educated in girl world, and trust me the focus of it isn't  just makeup and nail polish, even though painting your right hand is a huge accomplishment for a righty, and it takes time to master the perfect cat eye which I'm VERY happy with! It's actually pretty unbelievable how many ways you can do it! <--- *cue* for my future post for my readers <3 ! 


Keeping it classy since 1994 ;D AOWW!

Not to mention I'm so thrilled that my room fully expresses who I am and my personality. Each wall tells a different story, and I want to personally thank the walls that have nurtured my growth for years. Every teenager's room changes dramatically over the years as posters are replaced, and new pictures are framed.
Out with the old, in with the NEW!


*YAY* to this year's reading of 17 magazine!

^If I still had a myspace, I would of bedazzled my wall with this photo. 
*moment of silence for my myspace phase ending*
HAPPY NEW YEAR to all my readers and thank you for following me!
Following is super easy and you don't need a blogger to do so, just click FOLLOW and you'll be an insider to the city I call home! Stay tuned for the upcoming 2012 posts!

"May your coming year be filled with magic, dreams and good madness. I hope you read some fine books and kiss someone who thinks you’re wonderful, and don’t forget to make some art — write or draw or build or sing or live as only you can. And I hope, somewhere in the next year, you surprise yourself."
— Neil Gaiman

No comments:

Post a Comment