Monday, December 24, 2012

Over the decades into the Seventeen Magazine Archives dating back to 1944, the FIRST issue ever!

Boy have I got a treat for you guys! One of my favorite hobbies when I have down-time at Seventeen is to read the archives dating back to the first issue in 1944! Whoa! You cannot IMAGINE the fascination that I had going through the magazines, especially as a feminist! These archives are purely primary historical artifacts into the way of living through the decades. It's amazing to see that we've come such a long way from the magazine advising girls not to go to college, to today's females being the majority in schools across the nation. It's great to see the progress, and how it affected the way teen girls were taught to grow up. Since that 44' issue, Seventeen has served as a guide for every girls life, and continues to leave a mark. Hopefully years far from now, I'll look back at the 2012 issues and say 'boy have we come far in equality for women.' That will be a beautiful day.


These are just 2 of the archives' storage! 

40s










50s





Their version of the snuggie ha! 

60s

















70s













                 




80s aka MY FAVORITE & the one that I wish  I had experienced! That's why I bring the 80s to NY now ;) !
Can I PLEASE have all the clothes-I'm begging!

























Molly Ringwald, one of my FAVORITE actresses!!!















9Os


















John Casablancas aka also Julien Casablancas'father!

No comments:

Post a Comment