Saturday, August 13, 2011

Savagely Beautiful INDEED.

As the last day awaited the long line of people stretching out blocks, I arrive being one of the first fashionistas at the MET door. Through the pouring rain, my thoughts recall McQueen's fashion time line. The peaceful streets remain almost mesmerized by the exhibition-the silence politely giving rest to the designer.

Today I recognized that calling McQueen a ‘genius’ is an understatement. He really knew how to physically construct clothes. His attention to details was impressive. He is quoted as stating: “I made sure I knew how to construct a dress so that I knew how to deconstruct one.” His precise sewing and perfect hemlines were beyond remarkable. McQueen’s wanted to give women powerful look by creating a structured, somewhat severe, silhouette. He said that he wanted people to “be afraid of the woman that he dresses.” Savage Beauty embodied McQueen’s originality and depth of passion; the exhibit left me speechless. McQueen will be missed, but his legacy lives on with new ideas he brought to the fashion world and beyond.

My mom and I <3







Patrick & I :]







































RIP Alexander McQueen, you will always be remembered.

No comments:

Post a Comment