Monday, April 25, 2011

Saving NOLA

For Spring Break 2011, I visited New Orleans with the Lower East Side Girl's Club. I witnessed a city that was traumatized by Hurricane Katrina even 6 years after the terrible humid August day when the wall broke. The destroyed houses are still being built and I was constantly faced with looking at wrecked roofs caving into living rooms and "X's" that marked the dates of the horrific natural disaster. All around me I saw ruins of empty houses beside newly built buildings, and I realized that those who faced Katrina were extremely strong minded for mentally being prepared to face the city they once knew.
















Louisiana State Museum














Check out how celebrities are making a difference below
by building stronger foundations for houses.












No comments:

Post a Comment